She's our blessing

Friday, December 20, 2013


These pictures are from Naomi's baby blessing at church, followed by a big family dinner at my parents' house. I don't even know what to call it--blessing, dedication? It's just a way for the whole church to pray for and bless the new baby in the family. There is no standard age to do it at in our church, but it's usually done before one year of age. Bogdan and I each got to pray for Naomi in front of the congregation, then the pastor prayed, and the whole church prayed. It was a meaningful day for us, a day to reflect on all the blessings our family has been given.

We were entrusted by God with four beautiful children, and we get to raise them and teach them and bring them to God. It's the funnest and scariest and hardest job in the world, and I fail at it daily, but I know it's the most important because each of their eternities hangs in the balance, and Bogdan and I have to do everything in our power to teach and instruct and show God's love to our children while they're young. I want to do it right.

Naomi is just starting her life, and she has so much growing and learning to do. There is still so much work to be done to raise her. But I am so excited for each step of the way, and pray for wisdom and guidance to do it right and to do it well. That's all I can ask for.

xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment