Naomi's nursery

Thursday, August 1, 2013


I wanted to share Naomi's room with you all today. It was a labor of love for me, and I love the result. It was almost therapeutic working on it while pregnant because I knew I was doing it for her. It gave me a chance to physically do something for her while waiting. Hopefully she loves it too as she grows.

I started by painting the room white, which gave me the perfect blank canvas to work with. I ordered some fun prints and got them all framed in various frames. I personally like to match the frames to the prints and not to each other, giving the wall an eclectic feel. The chocolat print made it here from Mila's room when I redid it. I also got B to replace the standard subdivision light with a fun one I got at West Elm. Those shaggy pillows and sheepskin were moved in from my room. The lamp, dresser, and vintage books were in the room already from when it was Olivia's room.

That crib has been used by all three of the older kids, and soon Naomi will be using it. I love that. I bought it almost ten years ago and it's still sturdy and strong. I think it would look really cool painted a neon pink or a cool blue, but I don't know if I'm up for that. It's going to be a ton of sanding if I do it, so I'll just wait and see if that happens. I have plenty of projects to finish before I'd want to tackle this one.

The crib bumper was Olivia's and I just got a new crib sheet to match. A lot of the decor was thrifted, and there's a lot from Land of Nod as well. My sister Julia designed the print with the Psalm as decor for my baby shower, and gave it to me afterward. I love that it has history and a story to it. The hanging string of birdies was the first thing I bought when I found out I was pregnant with another baby, so it has a special place in my heart. I hung it by the window to catch the light as it twirls.



xoxo,
Tanya

1 comments:

Natasha of Natashaskitchen.com said...

Everything is super cute! Great job!

Post a Comment