Happy weekend!

Saturday, March 16, 2013

We were at the park yesterday during Ben's soccer practice, so I busted my phone out (since I forgot my camera...again) and took some photos of the girls and me on the playground. I was reading War and Peace (still plugging away on that book; 800 pages in so far) and the girls were happy to be outside. The swings are still their favorite, and I just love that they find enjoyment in such simple things as swinging. I got to watch them doing their thing and I started thinking about how big Olivia is getting, and I tried to see her as a big girl instead of the baby she is in my head. Soon she won't be the baby anymore and I'm kind of sad. She will graduate to 'big sister' status and will be in kindergarten in the fall! And I will do this motherhood thing all over again with the big kids all in school and me at home feeding the baby. I can't wait and I'm also kind of nervous about it. I have always had either all very little kids or all bigger kids, but now I will have an almost-10-year-old and a newborn, and that is going to require some adjusting for me. I just can't imagine it yet. I guess we will cross that bridge when we get there.


Some things I noticed in these pictures:
1) I have gained a lot of weight. Oops. It looks like it's going to be a long road back to feeling normal again after I have this baby.
2) Olivia belongs in Cirque du Soleil.
3)Mila looks to be a clutz, just like me, with all her bumps and bruises. She is so much like me, it's getting a little weird, but she looks the least like me of the three kids. How does that happen?

On another note, I had the most productive day ever today, and I'm tired now that it's 1:30 in the morning, but I did pretty good today, if I do say so myself. I got a decent night's sleep yesterday for the first time all week, and I woke up refreshed and ready to take on the day. It was pretty great! These are all the things I got done today: read my book for an hour and almost dozed off, cleaned all three bathrooms (hallelujah!!), vaccumed/dusted/changed sheets in Ben's room, washed the kitchen floor, cleaned the kitchen, put the third and last layer of paint on in the baby room, ran out of paint and ran to Home Depot for more, Ben had two boys over on a playdate, made purple salad and hard-boiled eggs for lunch, bathed Olivia, took the girls to my sister's for a sleepover, chatted there for an hour, went out to a late dinner with B and Ben for pizza bianca magnifica (mmmmm), and now I'm taking way too long blogging about it. Time to get some sleep for tomorrow's early morning soccer game. I was thinking to take the kids to the zoo tomorrow, but now that I'm not going to get very much sleep, I'm seriously reconsidering. I have so little energy these days, and it doesn't help that I wake up 30 times a night, so I know I'll be tired tomorrow...

I hope your weekend is wonderful!

xoxo,
Tanya



0 comments:

Post a Comment