Chocolate walnut banana bread

Wednesday, February 20, 2013


I have been itching to bake something for weeks now, and yesterday was my day! I enlisted Olivia's help in the kitchen, and we had warm, fresh banana bread in a little over an hour. Bonus: I didn't have to throw those black bananas out.


Here's the recipe for whoever wants to try:

2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tbs. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup peanut butter
3 tbs. vegetable oil (I used olive)
2 eggs
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (I was out of walnuts so I subbed in pecans)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease loaf pan with butter. I used two vintage Pyrex pans because they are smaller than the standard loaf pan.

Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.

Combine bananas, milk, peanut butter, oil and eggs in the bowl of an electric mixer. Add flour mixture, mixing just until moistened. Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips with a spoon and spoon batter into pan. Sprinkle walnuts and remaining 1/4 up chocolate chips over batter.

Bake one hour or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment