Vintage books

Tuesday, January 29, 2013


We love books at our house. The kids get so bummed out when we have to hurry bedtime up and skip reading a book--it's their favorite part of going to bed. And I'm so glad all three of them love books. I think it's such a good thing to love and it will serve them well all through school and throughout their lives. Ben is always reading a book, or two, or three at a time, as if one book can't wait for the other to get read first. I loved reading as a kid, being able to pick up a book and enter a completely different world than the one you're sitting in. It's like a movie plays in your mind and you get to control what everyone and everything looks like. It's pretty magical.

We have plenty of contemporary books that we love, but I have a special spot in my heart for vintage books. I think it's the illustrations that get me, the way everything is really colorful and whimsical. Today's books have definitely lost some of that whimsy. I have a collection of vintage books in Olivia's room that I don't really read to the kids (we have plenty of other books to choose from that we read) because some of them are fragile. I don't know what I'm saving them for, but I love them. Here are a few of them--trust me, there are lots more! :)


Lovely, aren't they? I've been finding some of them laying around the house or around Olivia's room, so I guess she's starting to take an interest in them now. Those illustrations are pretty great...

xoxo,
Tanya

1 comments:

Julia and Yuriy said...

I think you are probably saving them for me. :) :)

Post a Comment