Staying inside because outside it's 10 degrees

Friday, January 25, 2013


I almost forgot I had a blog this past week...almost. I've been MIA because blogging takes up so much of my time that sometimes I just need to step away from the computer and get some other things done. It has felt good to get a break, but I figure if I want anyone to still be reading this little blog when I decide to reappear, I better get back to it!

We have been inside a lot lately, avoiding the bitter cold that's outside and staying out of stores to keep the budget down. :) I've been trying to take it easy this month as I mentioned earlier, catching up on some magazines and getting a few hours of reading in. Seeing movies I haven't been able to see over the busy busy holidays. Seeing friends every once in a while, which is so hard to do when my husband is always working and I don't have a babysitter. I'm so thankful I have such a hardworking husband, however, and that he has work, unlike many others right now.

Winter is the best time for lounging around and reading, so I figure why not indulge right now. B and I have also become obsessed with this show called White Collar that we watch on Netflix, and we seriously watched three seasons of it in less than three weeks. We're excited to start season four tonight. We found the fourth season on Amazon streaming, so we'll get to try out their service for the first time. The plot lines and actors in that show are spot-on, and even though it's the FBI, they have a lot of fun doing what they do. I love a smart show with lots of witty humor. And Mozzy is the best, hands down.

The kids have been having friends over, playing lots of board games because that's Mila's favorite thing to do right now, coloring and painting like always, Ben has started indoor soccer on Saturdays which he loves, and we even made it out to the library the other day. We ran into some friends who were there for story time, so we stayed too and the girls loved it. I used to take the kids to story time in the morning when they were really little, but once we got started with preschool, I figured that won't work for us anymore. I completely forgot that they have evening hours too. Whoops. Sometimes my brain just short circuits on me and I can't connect one thing to another. It's all the kids' fault, I say. I used to have the best memory around before I had kids. And I used to sleep like a baby, but those days are long gone now. :)

We were going home from preschool the other day, and Mila was talking about what direction we're driving in and which way all the other directions are. She would repeat "never eat soggy waffles" to remind herself which direction was where, and they were arguing about which way was north. Then Olivia goes, "That way is north (ahead of us), but Mila says that way is soggy waffles (;pointing behind us)." Ha ha ha! The mind of a four-year-old...

xoxo,
Tanya

1 comments:

Julia and Yuriy said...

Geez, can't believe the weather you guys have been having. And you blog so often for being a fairly new blogger... can't believe you are worried about being MIA for a week! That's expected. I'm so proud of you. Thank you for keeping us up to date and sharing photos from your life. I love every single post. xo

Post a Comment