In the Kitchen Lately

Saturday, September 8, 2012

I've snapped some pictures of the food I've been cooking up lately. My favorite is trying out new recipes, which a couple of these are, but I have so many more recipes waiting for me to make them. I think it's time to step it up and try them out! Now is when I wish I had Food Network--watching someone cook something delicious never fails to inspire me and get me in the kitchen. Why is that?
First up, beer-braised pork and beans with a simple salsa on the side. Definitely putting this one in my recipe binder.
I got this recipe from a friend once when I tried it at her house and couldn't stop eating it. Raspberry pretzel JellO--so good. Make this to take to my cousin's house one night.
The beginnings of a classic Ukrainian borshch. I've been craving it lately, and the fact that it's mostly cabbage and beets, the healthiest of vegetables, makes it that much more appealing.
I had a good amount of peaches that I didn't want to go to waste, so I figured the best way to use them is in a pie. Not to mention one of the tastiest. I made this one, but I wasn't too impressed with the filling. It had so many spices in it, I almost forgot it's a peach pie. But...the crust was amazing, and now I have a go-to pie crust recipe. Better than any I've tried yet. And that flower on top...that just happened because I had some extra dough. Why not, right?

xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment