Broccoli Salad with Cranberries, Grapes, Carrots, and Almonds

Thursday, July 26, 2012


My mom got this delicious recipe from her friend, who is actually my cousin's mother-in-law. She is quite the cook, and has catered weddings in the past. Not sure if she still does or not. I'm so happy she was glad to share this salad with us, because I literally eat it as a meal the minute I make it. It's that good. You can substitute dried currants or raisins for the cranberries if you'd like. I basically made up the proportions of ingredients to my taste, testing and adding as I went, since the "recipe" my mom gave me was very generalized and didn't really taste the way I remembered eating it. I hope I did it justice. You can make it even sweeter by adding in one more tablespoon of honey to the dressing if you prefer.

8 cups broccoli florets
2 cups carrots--shredded
1 cup red onion--diced
1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
1 cup dried cranberries
1 1/2 cups (or more) green grapes--cut in half

Dressing:
3 tablespoons honey
juice from 1 large lemon or 2 small ones
3/4 cups mayonnaise

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place slivered almonds on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until golden. Let cool and as you measure out and prep all your other salad ingredients. Combine everything in a large bowl. Then whisk the honey, lemon juice, and mayonnaise in a small bowl until creamy. Pour the dressing on top, mix, and enjoy! This salad keeps for several days in the fridge, which makes it so easy to get your veggies in.


xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment