Thirty

Tuesday, October 28, 2014


This is it--I'm here--I'm thirty. By thirty, I have learned the very valuable lesson that life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful. I've spent lots of time and energy working towards this or that in my thirty years, and many times failing or coming up short. I've been discouraged a lot when things just don't work out no matter how hard I try to make them happen. It's been a hard lesson, but I've learned to let go more easily and that it doesn't matter how many times you fall down, but how many times you get back up. It's always worth it to keep trying. I feel more seasoned by thirty, like I've experienced a lot of things that many other people my age have not. I have some sadness that I will always carry around with me; life just humbles you in many ways over the years. And it gives you perspective as well. I've experienced great joy and deep sadness and some depression too, but I have never felt abandoned by God. Quite the opposite, actually--the hard times made me turn to Him like never before. I felt like He was the only one who knew me and understood me completely, and I didn't have to try to explain things to Him. He already knew. I know He has great plans for me if I just continue to live in His will. I try to value each day I get, to live meaningfully and purposefully, to do what I can, but then give the rest to God and He will work all of it for good. After all, I am not entitled to anything, and this life is not my own. Each day is a gift, not a given, and life isn't perfect, but it's wonderful nonetheless.

"Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and 
absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You 
shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense." 
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Time has whizzed by and I have gotten here faster than I would have liked, but I am determined to embrace thirty and, by God's grace, make it amazing! 

xoxo, 
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment