Down by the river

Friday, May 2, 2014


We started our spring break out in the best way. The older kids actually got to spend the night at their grandparents' after church on Sunday and went fishing early Monday morning, so Naomi and I took advantage of the warm sunshine and spent some time by the river. It was her first encounter with sand and rocks, and just watching her feel the sand, then realize it's all over her hand, and of course try to eat it--it just fills you with awe at watching little discoveries like this happen. And of course to them it's not a little discovery at all--it's a big deal in their small world.


She's set with her paci, ball, and yogis, and I'm set with my coffee.


Our slow, sunlit afternoon led to a nap in the stroller, so I walked along the river while she slept.  It was pretty great. I really need to bring all of them here soon.

xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment