Thoughts on blogging

Thursday, April 17, 2014

It's been two months since my last post..and frankly, I hoped this wouldn't happen again. I've taken breaks from blogging like this in the past, but I told myself I'd be consistent with posting things on time going forward. Obviously I've failed miserably again. I get really busy and overwhelmed with things in my life, and blogging is usually the first thing to go as I try to restore balance to my life once again. I just can't find my groove on here, or even with pulling the camera out to snap pictures of whatever we're doing.

It hasn't turned out how I imagined, and I've definitely contemplated just quitting before, because 1) it's really, REALLY time-consuming and 2) I want to focus on being with the kids while they're little and not wanting to take time away from that. I'm one of those people that likes to bite off more than they can chew, so sometimes it feels like the right thing to do is to scale back and give up blogging if I want to be realistic about it. But then the flip side is I love the memories I get to preserve on here, and I've dreamed of my own little blog for so long and I know it's a dream that isn't ready to die yet. I don't get a lot of comments on my posts (though I do know from Blogger statistics that people are reading), and I would have loved more interaction and more of a community on this blog. I know my popping in here and there hasn't exactly contributed to making that happen, so I understand some of the cause for that, but I wish people would stop trying to be so anonymous online. It's interesting that of all the people I know, I'm sure at least some of them have read my blog, yet not once has anyone mentioned reading it to me. Okay, maybe like once. It's as if it doesn't exist. And I find it interesting that some of my closest friends don't read my blog, because I think I would read my friends' blogs if they wrote one. Even my husband doesn't read it! So I guess I feel a lot of times that it's pointless anyway, so why spend the time. I've thought about making a book out of these posts for the kids to have as a kind of journal, but who knows if that will ever happen anyway..I don't know.

There are all these marks against it, but I don't think I'm ready to call it quits either. I think I just need to manage my time even better than I am and try my best to be productive and balanced in every area of my life so I will have energy left over at the end of the day for this blog. And consistency is something to work on as well, because I like to give it my all for a bit and then not be able to maintain it long-term. I've gained so much wisdom and so many tips and pointers from reading blogs over the years, and I've been able to relate and feel a sense of comradery with other bloggers, so I definitely see the value in it. Parenting can be so isolating sometimes, and just seeing someone else struggling with the things you struggle with can be really uplifting. I love being a part of that. Just bear with me as I come up for air every once in a while. :)

So I finish these thoughts with some pictures of a day we spent up in the mountains of McCall during the annual winter carnival back in the beginning of February. These were taken right before I stopped blogging.

On our way up the mountain. 

Frozen Payette Lake. 

When in town, we have to eat at My Father's House--they serve some of the best burgers and shakes I've had.

This is the only picture I got of Naomi all day. She napped while we were sledding, then while walking around town to look at ice sculptures, the last thing I wanted to do while pushing the stroller through slush and snow was taking my camera out and taking the baby out of the stroller. She basically sat bundled up in her stroller the whole time.


xoxo,
Tanya

1 comments:

Elena said...

Tanya, I love reading your blog. You are a very good mom there is so much I can learn from you : )
Thanks for writing. I don't usually comment because it seems like it can be so complicated LOL!! I tried commenting once and it never showed up after I hit "publish". Keep writing, God Bless you.

Post a Comment