Girls

Thursday, December 5, 2013


We are a family of girls. Sorry Ben and B, you guys are totally outnumbered! Even though sometimes they drive me up the wall and bring out the worst in me, I love these girls of mine with all my heart. The littlest one likes to drive me crazy now as well, but we'll have to forgive her for that. ;)

Olivia is our girly girl that likes to dress up in princess outfits and dance around the house being beautiful. She loves lip gloss, perfume, jewelry. Mila, on the other hand, is more of a tomboy and likes to be comfortable most of all. She likes to look nice, but doesn't over think it. She loves braids in her hair. She was never into dolls too much, never took an interest in Barbies, and loves a lot of the same things Ben likes (especially soccer). Her and Ben have become really good friends in the last few months, and it warms my heart to see it. I didn't expect it since they're over 3 years apart and Olivia and Mila are only a year and 9 months apart, so it's interesting to witness. They love to play board games together, play trampoline games, listen to Adventures in Odyssey on the radio, and have sleepovers in Ben's room on the weekends. Olivia lives in her own little world these days, a bit more separate from them, but I bet this will change as she gets older. The older two find her annoying sometimes, ha ha!

Oh, these kids of mine... Some days are so frustrating and draining when no matter how many times I say to keep their backpacks out of the walkway, or put their coats and shoes away, or to put their dishes in the sink, or keep the bathroom tidy, it's like they never heard me. I thank God for his grace in moments like these, because I need it often when I lose my temper or do things with a begrudging heart instead of out of love and with patience and kindness. I still have so much to learn about being a parent, but I am so thankful for all 3 of my girls and my boy. I don't know what I'd do without them.

xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment