Clothespin soldiers Christmas craft
Tuesday, December 24, 2013
We made these adorable soldiers recently with the kids as one of our advent activities. It worked out perfectly to do it together on a sick day when they were all home from school, which gave us more time to get them done. If you're looking for a Christmas craft to do with your kids, this one is perfect!
What you need:
red and black pom poms
black felt tip pen
gold paint pen
red acrylic paint
black acrylic paint
white acrylic paint
1. Paint the legs black or white and the jacket red and let dry. Sliding them onto the edge of a cardboard box to dry works really well.
2. When dry, paint the belt, buttons, and collar on with gold marker, making sure your clothespin is turned to make legs with the slit in the clothespin.
3. Draw the face and arms on with black pen, then paint the hands white.
4. Hot glue a pom pom onto the head and press down.
5. Wrap gold string (or wire) around the neck to hang.
I think I need to make a garland with our soldiers and hang it in the playroom next year as a fun little Christmas decoration. I signed everyone's name on theirs and dated them so we'll know whose is who's.
Posted by Tanya at 1:50 PM