Sister's in town

Saturday, September 7, 2013


My little sister and her husband, the one and only Yuriy and Julia Manchik, came to town a few weeks ago, and we had a good time catching up with them, as always. We met up with them and my older sister Natalia and her husband (also Yury, but without the i) at the park one evening, enjoyed some delicious pizza and salad from my favorite pizza joint, and spent some quality time on a blanket in the grass.

I love my family. It's so fun now that we are older to get together, laugh about our childhood, and reminisce about the good old days. Everyone has their own personality, and you see it through the years, consistent and defining of them. Can't wait for B's and my family unit to change and grow over the years as well. :) It's also really fun to share the motherhood experience with Natalia, and help each other figure things out. It's nice to have someone who is going through the same thing you are, just to be able to vent and laugh about it all. Because, being a mom, there are endless things to talk about!

I didn't get to spend too much time with Julia during this trip because I was so consumed with my own burning to-do list before school started, because with four kids it never lets up. But we did get in a fun pool date with them before they left, so that was good, and we had an amazing dinner at Natalia's, then sat around the fire pit talking late into the night. Naomi was sweet enough to sleep on Natalia's bed so I could chat--it was perfect, and I could barely make myself drag my butt out the door at the end of the night. I'm so thankful for my sisters!

xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment