She's been with us 3 months now

Monday, September 9, 2013


This baby girl is lighting up our world these days. I took these pictures on a Saturday morning ten days after she turned 3 months.  A little late, but better late than never. I am more in love with her now than when she was born. I am so used to her, I know everything about her, what she likes, what she doesn't, what she needs, and when. I love how much she needs me and how I am the one who can figure out what she needs when she cries. I love her smiles, and she gives them out generously. She loves to "talk" when we talk to her, and coos her heart out at us. We predict she will be a very early talker.

Her fingers or a blanket are always in her mouth. Or if she can pull her shirt up to her mouth, that's good too. She's really good at keeping her pacifier in, much better than any of my other babies at this age. Pacis are sooo helpful, though I have to say, expensive. I've already spent so much replacing lost ones, and we have many more years of pacis ahead. She has been teething for over a month now, and nothing to show for it, not even swollen gums which would mean the tooth is close. She has the most hair of all my babies, though she has now rubbed a bald spot on the back of her head.:(

She doesn't seem to like being swaddled anymore, so I just put her down with a swaddling blanket next to her cheek, tucked into the crook of her arm, and she burrows into that and goes out like a light. I just put her down on the bed, give her a blanket and pacifier, and she puts herself to sleep. It's so helpful, with three other kiddos, that I don't have to rock her or walk with her until she sleeps, especially with the number of short naps she takes throughout the day. She cries after every bath, but it's mostly because she hates being cold on the way from the tub to the toilet, and probably the getting dressed part as well. I always put corn starch under her arms and in her neck rolls, always battling the horrid heat rash, and she hates it. Naomi has rolled over onto her tummy three times now, a week or two ago, and there's been nothing since then. I guess it was just a burst of energy that fizzled out for a bit more. ;) We love you, Naomi!

xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment