The veggies are growing

Saturday, August 10, 2013

We planted our garden on Naomi's due date this year. I wasn't going to plant anything this year at all because I couldn't dig or bend over or do much of anything because of my pelvic pain, but B insisted he would prep the soil and plant everything himself. He brought in more soil, we bought all our organic plants and seeds, and put everything in the ground that evening. I took these shots of the empty beds (except for the strawberries from last year) and one of the tiny grapes on the grapevines my dad planted for us last year.


Two and a half months later and this is what our garden looks like now. Amazing, isn't it? The tomato plants got so big the whole bed looks like one big bush. The tomatoes are slow to ripen this year, but we have more cucumbers and zucchini than we need. The zucchini plants are the biggest ones I've seen! Mila goes out every day to find what's ready to pick. We also have jalapenos, onions, watermelon, strawberries, basil, and sage.


The next two pictures are of the same watermelon, only one week apart. I couldn't believe how much it grew in just one week! We love having a garden--growing things is so much fun!


xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment