Decorate: retro bohemian bedroom

Friday, August 30, 2013

This is going to be a new blog feature that I do, and I'm not going to say weekly, because I will probably fail at that right away, but every once in a while. When I see cool new products, I always imagine a room they would be really great in, and I have a lot of fun putting rooms together in my head. I thought, "Why not do it on my blog?" It's still not decorating for real, but it's the next best thing. And I don't have to spend a ton of money, either!

So, without further ado, this is my first room, a bedroom I call 'retro bohemian'. It was all centered around that crazy amazing bed from Thrive furniture, and has some gold, bright colors, prints, and some beautiful wood to boot. I never liked rooms that are too matchy matchy--complimentary is much more up my alley. And I love something polished next to something a bit scruffy, like the shiny orange lamp against that graphic Moroccan rug, or the Nelson bubble sconce against the more rustic night table. It just brings balance to a room, and doesn't let it gravitate too much towards one look. I really want one of those tree prints for my own room that I found in the Fine Little Day shop the other day.
print // orange lamp // baskets // bubble sconce // bed // lucite table // sheets // pillow // rug // pendant // chair // side table

0 comments:

Post a Comment