We read

Friday, July 26, 2013

We love books at our house. These are just some of our favorites, because we have many. I love to request books for the kids' birthdays if someone asks for gift ideas, I requested some for Naomi on her registry, and I think it'd be so fun to have a book party where your child gets books instead of gifts.

I stopped reading to the kids before bed because it just always turns out I'm feeding Naomi at that time, so B has been reading with them. I've been wanting to do more daytime reading with them, but I'm always busy doing something else, and soon enough another day is over. I love making those memories with them, and knowing they will have those memories with us as well, so I'm working on it.
 

I set a goal for myself every year to read 12 books, one for each month, and I'm right on target this year instead of scrambling at the end of the year. So far this is what I've read:

  • the second half of War and Peace --I'm counting it as one book..because I can..and because it's over 1000 pages long; I was so ready to be done reading it

  • Entreleadership--love me some Dave Ramsey common sense

  • Lucia, Lucia--a melancholy story about love lost that made me sob; it didn't help that I read it right after I gave birth and my hormones were raging

  • How to Win Friends and Influence People--weird title, but this classic is useful and inspiring

  • Bringing Up Bebe--this was a really fun one to read and helped me relax about things right when I needed that advice most; so glad I read it right when Naomi was born

  • Wildwood--my first fantasy/science fiction story since elementary, maybe middle, school; this book was long but went so quickly

  • The Case for Christ--this was another classic I wanted to get under my belt; it taught me so many things I didn't know and gave me new perspective on the Bible and it's writers

I just picked my next read off the shelf--The Poisonwood Bible. Time to dive in to another story and get lost in it.

xoxo,
Tanya

1 comments:

Natasha of Natashaskitchen.com said...

Tanya, thanks for sharing your list! "Children make terrible pets" - LOL. I love it!

Post a Comment