God bless America

Wednesday, July 31, 2013


How about I call it Independence Day instead of 4th of July so I don't have to mention that these were taken almost a month ago? Then I won't feel like such a guilty blogger. I post what I can when I can, and sometimes the baby doesn't leave me enough energy for anything other than her.

We kept the holiday pretty low-key since Naomi was only 6 weeks old at the time. A simple BBQ with some fireworks, just family. We had burgers and sausages off the grill, sweet potato fries, grilled mushrooms, a cashew and veggie dish B made, egg salad, broccoli/tomato/carrot salad, and cake and pie. We're eating more veggies than ever before, and I love it. Makes it that much easier for me to eat healthy when B is conscious of his food and contributes in the kitchen. I even had some time to get all festive with my cake (I stole my shot from my brother's Instagram since I forgot to take a picture of dessert) and I whipped up a strawberry rhubarb pie for the occasion. Don't mind my square dish, I didn't realize I don't even have a pie dish, and every time I go for a dish, I remember and end up having to make it square. ;) We did a few fireworks that I mostly missed since Naomi and I hid inside from all the noise. I'm so thankful for our quality of life here in this country, all because we have freedom to live our lives how we see fit--freedom of religion, freedom of press, freedom of speech...and every opportunity to succeed. God bless America!

xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment