Garlic thyme mushrooms

Wednesday, July 24, 2013


These mushrooms are quick, simple and so delicious. I love popping them in the oven and leaving them alone while I make the rest of the meal. Mushrooms are also one of my husband's favorite things in the world, so I scored major points when I made these for the first time. I used a Donna Hay recipe for these but I use whatever red wine I have on hand instead of the sherry since I don't have sherry. I'm sure it's delicious both ways.


I converted the recipe from grams to ounces/cups, cut the portion in half, and reduced the amount of butter a lot since it doesn't really need to be in there.

10.5 ounces mushrooms (300 grams)
2 tbs. butter, chopped
1/4 cup dry sherry (or red wine)
3 cloves garlic, minced
5 sprigs thyme, stripped
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 390 degrees Farenheit. Cut the mushrooms in half and place in a square baking dish. Top with butter, sherry, garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Bake 20-30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and juicy.

The best!

xoxo,
Tanya

1 comments:

Natasha of Natashaskitchen.com said...

Oh that sounds so easy and good! Thanks for sharing! :)

Post a Comment