My heart is full this morning

Friday, May 10, 2013

I am feeling especially grateful for my wonderful husband this morning, and I'm getting teary just thinking about it. I get teary just thinking about tears these days, I'm not kidding, but I really am grateful for my husband today. B saw that I was having an especially rough morning, after I called out from the girls' room to get up and help his pregnant wife out. He could tell by my voice I wasn't messing around today, and he jumped out of bed, made breakfast for the kids, and even washed the full sink of dishes before heading out the door. He also instructed me to sit on the couch and hang out this morning. :) If there's one thing he hates, it's getting up in the morning.  And I hate getting him up. It puts me in a bad mood a lot because I have to nag and nag, and he will still sneak into someone else's bed after I made him get out of ours and keep sleeping. Well, he knew I had had it today, and jumped up and got to work. Ha ha! 


I've been having really tough mornings the past two weeks, probably due to the baby dropping down even lower on my already painful pelvis. I just can't get out of bed, and when I sit up from a laying position and the baby drops into place, my stomach hurts until it adjusts to bearing the weight again. And dressing the kids, every move is so painful in my hips. I hate getting down on the floor to help Olivia dress and then back up to reach some clothes in the closet, then back down, etc. It's kind of torturous. 

Today was pretty brutal because I spent a good chunk of time cleaning the house yesterday because our carpets were going to be cleaned. That meant picking up some heavy things, washing the floor on my hands and knees to get it spotless, and moving the couch back to the living room on my own because B was working late into the night. (I needed that couch because I had a rented movie I wanted to watch and I hate falling asleep in bed without him. So I just fall asleep on the couch and he wakes me when he gets home.) I woke up today with painfully swollen feet AND hands, I could barely walk, and I was CRANKY.

There are times where I complain to him that he doesn't do this or that, or that he's never home to provide support and an extra pair of hands when I can't keep up with the daily chores and activities, but when I step back and look at the big picture, I am so grateful. I realize I am a blessed woman. B has really stepped up his game this last year in our marriage, and he starts tasks without me even telling him what to do anymore. He has become much more aware of the things necessary to be done for this household to run smoothly, and he just does them. He knows how happy it makes me when something that has been on my mind for weeks (or months) gets done--it's the best feeling in the world for me. I can see how much he just wants to make me happy, and I fall a little more in love with him each time. Thank you, God, for my hard-working husband!

So today had a rough start, some tears, and I already spilled Pero on the freshly-cleaned carpet and on every coloring book we own, and I ate candy for breakfast, but the day is set to be a warm one, and the birds chirping outside are doing wonders for my soul. I may just bring out the inflatable pool and give it a good scrub (too lazy last year to do that before packing it up for the season) and let the kids enjoy some water today. I think they'd be in heaven. And hopefully I can work on the baby room and hang a few prints around the house. It's a good day when I can check one or two things off my before-baby-arrives to-do list. And there are still plenty of things on that list, so I guess it's a good thing I haven't had this baby yet.

xoxo, 
Tanya




0 comments:

Post a Comment