DIY salt dough crosses

Sunday, March 31, 2013

I made salt dough crosses recently in honor of Christ's sacrifice on the cross for us, and it was a really fun project to do. I thought I'd share it with you today. The dough is super easy and can be used for all kinds of projects. Whoever wants to give it a try, the recipe is:

1 cup flour
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup water

Combine all three ingredients and knead the dough a bit until it's smooth. Roll out to desired thickness on parchment paper to prevent sticking and cut your shapes out. Place on parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 2 hours. (They don't get bigger or smaller in the oven, so the thickness you roll it out to is the thickness they will stay.) I used a straw to cut out holes at the top of each one so we could hang the crosses as ornaments. These would even make a fun Christmas activity, and could be hung as a garland afterwards.


We had some time yesterday between egg hunts to sit down and paint some of our crosses. I had originally made these as a Sunday School craft, but I had plenty left over for us to paint as well.


xoxo,
Tanya

2 comments:

olviya@servingsisters.com said...

What a great Sunday school craft idea! I'm totally using this. Thanks;)

Julia and Yuriy said...

Your kids are so lucky. Always crafting something or other!

Post a Comment