Books for 2013

Thursday, January 10, 2013

My goal for the last several years of my life has been to read 12 books a year. I was a reading fanatic as a child, and then as I had kids and "real" life began, I let it go by the wayside. For years. I thought it was just not a good time to be reading for fun, that later things would be easier. Then I realized that life is not going to ease up anytime soon, and if I wanted to read books, I would just have to fit it in somehow. Having a set goal helps me keep that resolution at the front of my mind and helps me accomplish it in the end. I didn't get to 12 last year, but 10 books and half of War and Peace (450 pages) is good enough for me. Just the fact that I got to War and Peace is big for me, as it had been sitting on my bookshelf for at least 3 years when I started reading it. Here are some books I want to read this year:


It's ten books, which leaves me two more to pick out. I'll be happy if I get to these ten, anyway! What books are you guys reading? I would love to get some suggestions; I am always on the lookout for that next good read.

xoxo,
Tanya

4 comments:

Unknown said...

currently, i'm reading "this is how you lose her" by junot diaz and only 15 pages in i'm completely hooked :)

Julia and Yuriy said...

I need to read more books! I usually end up reading books Yuriy has just read because he talked about it... thus I'm reading The Longest Trip Home, a memoir about a guy growing up in a Catholic family who ends up being not Catholic. Yuriy's doing. I have so many unread books on my shelf though! Good luck with yours.... especially War and Peace. :)

Tanya said...

That one looks good, Rachel! Just put it on my wish list, thank you.

Tanya said...

Yuriy is good to have around for stealing good books from, I'm sure! He's always reading something interesting. I have lots more books on my shelf as well, waiting for me to read them.

Post a Comment