Around the house: new year, new start

Thursday, January 10, 2013


1. I took all my Christmas things down over the weekend and changed things up a bit on the mantle from the way it used to be. I was getting really tired of the same old, same old.

2. The house is cleaner than it has been in a while, and it feels nice. I hope to continue this throughout the year by making myself take half an hour every once in a while to clean up. It makes a huge difference.

3. Fringy numbers for Natalia's surprise birthday party. I'm glad I was able to keep myself from spilling the beans on accident.

4. Flowers on the table.

5. I got Baby a few things for Christmas.

6. Need to sell this lamp on Craigslist (I actually have two). Maybe today?

7. Mila had an assignment at school to do a presentation on a family tradition we have, and (of course) she chose baking. People, I am all. baked. out. We baked to take pictures of the process, then baked a cookie for each class member as well. I may be able to bake something again in June.

8. Lemon and feta dip from our New Year's party. Recipe from Sweet Paul magazine.

9. Deviled eggs have been on my must-try-to-make list for a while, and now I've made them! These turned out pretty yummy, if I do say so myself. I want to try these next. Easy, fancy, and healthy. At least compared to cake. :)

xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment