A good reminder right about now

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

 Lyrics from "God is With Us" by Amy Grant

I heard these words on the radio the other day, and they touched my heart in a profound way. We get so caught up in finding the perfect gift and accomplishing all those holiday things that we want to squeeze in before the season is over, that we don't focus on the real reason for this holiday. I am so guilty of that. I want to remind you today that God came down to be with us that day 2,012 years ago, fulfilled his purpose here on earth, and went back to heaven. But he didn't leave us when he did so--he is always with us since, in our hearts and in our minds. And he will be with us until he physically comes again to take us to be with him. What a beautiful promise that was put into motion on that day when Mary gave birth to our Savior in a stable all those years ago.

"Love is raining down on the world tonight
There's a presence here, I can tell..."

0 comments:

Post a Comment