This is where I've been the last week...

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Where have I been the last week or so? Catching up on this amazing blog. Yup, hours and hours. And I had perfect timing, too, because it looks like Ashley Ann and Chris just brought their adopted daughter home from China this week!

Ashley Ann is an inspiration in a lot of ways, but I probably marvel most at how much she fits into her days. Four kids (now five) and time for crafts, like, every other day? Sewing three pillows up at once?! Redecorating a whole room in a day? Who heard of such things? And she still has time for being an amazing, caring mom and wife as well. Not to mention the way she leads her kids to God not with words, but by example. Can I get some of whatever she's having? ;)

I have been a reader of Ashley Ann's blog for several years now, but I had to scale back on my computer time earlier this year, and I stopped reading. I was just not accomplishing the things I wanted to accomplish in my own life, and something had to give. It's funny, though, how when you read a blog for a while, you wonder every once in a while what that person is up to, and how much their kids have grown. It's like you know them in a way, and so I thought about this family every once in a while.

When I started reading again last weekend, I realized I had picked the perfect time to join back in, because Ashley Ann and her husband were in China at the time meeting their daughter and getting ready to come back home with her. And what an amazing story they have! Once I started reading, I couldn't stop, and well...at least I'm done? Ha ha--from March to September in a week!

All photos from Under the Sycamore blog.

I have been captivated by this little girl, to say the least, and I am so excited to get to be on this journey with Ashley Ann, so to speak, as they bring this little child into their lives and make her their own. I hope to be on a similar journey someday, so their story has sooo touched my heart.  Oh, and her mad photography skills don't hurt, either.

xoxo,
Tanya

2 comments:

Julia Manchik said...

So sweet! Love blogs like that. You might be on a similar journey someday?!?! Can't wait...

Natalia K said...

Oh, how absolutely precious is that child!!! I need to go take a peek at that blog--I haven't been doing any blog reading lately at all, either. Finally trying to catch up on yours now ;).

Post a Comment