No Sugar?!?

Friday, September 7, 2012


I don't know why I do this to myself every so often, but this September I decided I wanted to stay away from sugar for a month. No, I know why--I eat too much sugar, and I need to be healthier. I doubt I will lose weight doing it, but I am definitely open to the possibility. :) It's very true that sugar is addicting, and the more we have it, the more our body craves it. I know when I have something sweet after a month of no sugar, I taste the sweetness much more, and can't eat as much as I could before. The sugar sits in my throat, and I don't feel good.

It's not my first time doing this, but it IS my first time letting everyone know. So now if I completely fall off the bandwagon and binge on candy and donuts, and then get asked how my no-sugar thing is going, I'll be really really embarassed. This is my way of holding myself accountable.

I started a few days late, on September 4th, because we were out of town for a wedding, and I knew I would fail on day one when I saw all that dessert at the reception. Failure is not a good way to start off. And I don't believe in torturing myself. Except this weekend I'm attending another wedding and a baby shower, so I'm going to need all the self-control I can get! My plan is to keep my hands busy with a cup of coffee. This may seem like no big deal to some, but I have a very big sweet tooth. Or, put another way, all my teeth are sweet. I could eat dessert for breakfast, lunch and dinner and skip the food. :) I may end at the end of the month, or I might go till October 4th--it depends how desperate I get. Now--anyone care to join me? ;)

xoxo,
Tanya

2 comments:

Marina k said...

I would die .

Tanya said...

Marina, I had to laugh when I read your comment! I'm not dead yet. Almost, though...

Post a Comment