Labor Day trip

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Our Memorial Day weekend was spent in the great state of Washington at a family wedding. I spent all Thursday before the trip shopping, doing laundry, packing, and baking cookies for the wedding. No, I'm not a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants type of person at all... :) The bride's mom asked me to bake enough of my delicious little cookies for 350 people. I got close, at 250, and ran out of time, but it didn't matter at all, because if you're Russian or Ukrainian, you know there's as much dessert at the wedding as food. If not more. It's just the way we roll.



The girls were both flower girls, and all I had to do was buy their shoes and do their hair. I should've snapped a picture of their hair fresh off the curling iron, because it sadly went flat in an hour. Don't know what I did wrong. I took advantage of some down time by snapping a bunch of shots in the parking lot.


The rest of the weekend we spent with some friends we hadn't seen in years, but reconnected with. They fed us a hearty breakfast one morning, put us in the car, and headed to Seattle. We took a ferry from there to Bainbridge Island together, explored the place a bit and consumed some delicious ice cream and coffee, then headed back to the big city at sunset. So beautiful. We made a stop at Redondo Beach (where we ran into people they know all night long, ha ha) and headed back to B's uncle's house to hang with family the rest of the night.


It was a laid-back, relaxed weekend dotted with activity but mostly consisting of us sitting around and chatting with lots and lots of members of B's family, always accompanied by lots of food. We actually saw my sister and her husband on Friday for dinner, which was really nice as well. I think I mostly loved how I was always served food all weekend long instead of having to do the serving. Yup, it's the little things that make me happy. Or maybe those are the big things...


I don't know who got ahold of my camera and snapped this, but this picture cracks me up. This was right before we left for home, and the girls are chatting away while the guys look on. They obviously ran out of things to say a long time ago.

xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment