Dinner Guests

Tuesday, August 28, 2012


We recently had my two sisters and their husbands (and babies) over for dinner when my younger sister came to town. I whipped up a dinner for us all, complete with blueberry cream cheese muffins for dessert. It was very last minute, but that seems to be the way I like it. I swear I am unprepared most of the time for whatever is coming up. I was literally at the gym reading a magazine right before I went grocery shopping for dinner, found the muffins, they looked delish, and I went with that. We also had oven-baked chicken, potatoes with dill, sauteed onions and butter, caprese salad, and zucchini fritters (which went like hotcakes!). My brother-in-law brought over some delicious kvass, and we were good to go. I even got some mint from the garden for our lemonade. Fancy shmancy, I know. :)

It was a good night, starting off with a swim in the pool, and ending at our house for dinner. Mostly it was nice to catch up a bit with everyone. Though my older sister lives only minutes away, we don't see each other as much as I would like. So when we do see each other, we can't stop talking. And my younger sister is always traveling and doing way too many things, so I try not to bug her too much.

xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment