July 4th Celebrating

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I decided that day that I was going to cook dinner and bring it over to my sister's house so we could spend the evening together. She had a four-day-old baby to take care of, so I figured they didn't have any grand plans for the day. I was right, and we hauled all the food over there to enjoy. We had marinated steak, country potatoes, green beans with almonds, grilled yellow, orange and red peppers, and grilled zucchini with lemon, garlic, and spices. It was delish, if I do say so myself. Our friend also brought over dessert, which was my favorite part.

Then we headed off to watch the fireworks at the park with the kiddos. B got Olivia some noise-reducing earphones this year, which was just what she needed. She's been really skittish around fireworks and hasn't gotten used to them yet, but just having something covering her ears gave her that comfort factor. She even covered her head with a blanket, and she was good to go! Pulling in the drive late that night with three sleeping kids was pretty nice!
 

What did you do this 4th of July? I would love to hear about it! I'm almost done posting Hawaii photos, and I'm switching gears mentally to Olivia's birthday party. She is turning four on Sunday, and we have a big celebration planned. Well, it's not all planned, but it's happening either way, so I need to get that ball rolling soon!

xoxo,
Tanya



0 comments:

Post a Comment