I have no words, just love

Thursday, October 30, 2014


Okay, maybe I have a few words. :) Naomi was fourteen months here. We were at the lake early Sunday morning for our church's baptism, the sun was shining over the water, and the weather was beautiful. Everyone was dressed so nicely, and Naomi was wearing my favorite dress of hers. (I really, really need to learn to sew clothes because I would LOVE to make another dress just like this. It looks so simple, though I know things always look simpler than they are. Still...I really need to learn to sew dresses and skirts. I digress.) She's still wearing her little red sandals here. Since then she has even outgrown her sandals in the next size up, and it doesn't look like she's slowing down anytime soon. She's currently seventeen months and wearing 3T clothes and size 7 shoes! Growing like a weed, that one.

This Sunday morning we witnessed a member of our church being baptized in the lake, the kids released some balloons up into the sky, and we picked blackberries in the bushes behind us. Running up ahead to get pictures of my clan as we walked back to the car, seeing their faces in my phone's camera...I couldn't help but wonder, how did I get so blessed? Not lucky--blessed. I love my little family with all my being. Watching them grow up, I am also excited for the future, for the people they will become. Seeing Ben nearing his teenage years, there is some anxiety with it for me, but I'm just blessed to be able to witness him becoming who God made him to be. It's really a lot of fun. Just the mix of ages in our family right now is also a lot of fun. Seeing them interact with each other is so gratifying--there's the oldest brother, the baby sister, and two girlies in between who have each other for always. Days like this one confirm it all for me in my heart.

xoxo,
Tanya

0 comments:

Post a Comment