Today I made magic cake

Saturday, May 18, 2013


I found this recipe on Pinterest yesterday, and it's actually from this blog. You can find the recipe there. Since I've been wanting to bake something in keeping with my goal of doing something artsy/creative every day this week, today was the day. The ingredients are so simple, and I had everything on hand. 


It's called magic cake because you actually only make one layer, and it separates into three distinct layers as it bakes. Amazing, right? I've baked plenty of things in my day, but I never knew this was possible! I was worried my top layer would deflate since I noticed other people were having that problem, but I am proud to say that my top layer is as fluffy as can be! There is also a chocolate version, which I'm definitely trying next.

The cake was delicious, with a cakey layer on top, a custard layer in the middle, and a denser custard on the bottom. It is a perfect cake to impress dinner guests with, but I have to say my kids didn't love it. Two of the three little critics ate it, but they weren't raving about it. I think it's more of an adult taste because kids just want a crumby cake with some sweet frosting, and chocolate makes it even better, and this cake is not that. I personally loved it, however.

xoxo,
Tanya

1 comments:

olviya@servingsisters.com said...

Your title caught my attention. What a cool cake? 3-in-1. I am most definitely baking this soon!

Thanks for sharing the link!

Post a Comment